Objective of churches for their members:
- Personal health
- Personal development
- Kingdom influence
As you experience and encounter God, it starts to impact all aspects of your life, including: spirituality; mental, relational, physical, emotional, and financial health.
See Rebecca’s inspiring testimony here
- Don’t be held in bondage because you’ve accepted the devil’s identity for you. (I guess I’ll always be this way…)
- Trust God! He will lead you through it, and by the end, you’ll feel so much more freedom!
- God doesn’t care about your size/weight, He cares about your health.
- Our philosophy: whatever Jesus believed, we believe (ex: demons, the supernatural, our generation has been dismissive of it)
- 3 actions of hope that Jesus did:
- Destroying works of Satan (through His ministry)
- Restoring people (issue of identity)
- Empower people
- “Satan” means the accuser.
- The devil is called “father of lies”- you become “impregnated” by his lies, give birth to it, and nurture and protect this “lie baby”. Soon, it becomes a part of your identity.
- Christians can’t be demon-possessed (have the Holy Spirit), but can be attack by demons (just like Jesus was)
- Jesus never condemns the demon-driven man, He only addresses the demons
- 1 John 3:8
- “Legion”- refers to large body of soldiers (back in the day)
- Demons ask Jesus (to go into the pigs)- shows Jesus is in absolute authority.
One way to address issue of personal health:
- provide connection opportunities (for encouragement)