Conti. Seeing God’s will:
2. Seeing God’s will in the ministry of Jesus:
- Jesus starts proclaiming of the Kingdom of God, then proves that it has come.
- Jesus gives out “free samples” of the Kingdom- He shows: love, forgiveness, healing, deliverance, etc. He says: “Do you want more? Then follow me!”
- Jesus invites people to come out of the rule of Satan and into the rule of God
- Verses: John 5:19, Colossians: 1:15, Hebrews 3:1, Acts 10:38, John 14:9
- Jesus showed us what God’s will looks like when someone chooses to obey it perfectly. Jesus is the visible image of the invisible God.
Ever wonder what God is like? Look at Jesus- the only perfect example.
God doesn’t teach through sickness. The Holy Spirit is our teacher, so why would He use sickness (something that is not in the Kingdom of Heaven) to teach you something? He can teach you through adversity, but He doesn’t put something (bad) on someone so He can teach them. Job is the exception- and it was Satan that was doing all the malice, anyway.
Jesus is our ONLY model
There’s no condemnation for people who take medicine or go to the doctor. Guess who gave medicine to the world? It came out of the Kingdom. Healing can come out in the form of medicine.
Healing in America (and other 1st world countries) might be a little harder because we have so many treatment options (advanced medicine) and less desperation than other 3rd world countries.
3. Atonement: satisfaction or reparation (paying a penalty) for wrongdoing
- This is when Jesus is beaten and crucified, and died for our sins. He didn’t do anything wrong- He was paying a debt/ penalty for our transgressions and our sin.
- Consequences of sin: (the wage of sin is death). Verses: Genesis 2:17, Deuteronomy 28. Romans 6:23
- Isaiah 5:3- written many years before it prophesied of Jesus our Messiah.
- Verses: Hebrews 12, Matt 8
4. Seeing God’s will in New Heaven and New Earth
- Revelation 21:4
- Reveals what our life will be like in Heaven, when God’s will is completely enforced and unopposed.
- Very similar to the Garden of Eden
- No death, sin, sickness, pain, worry, anxiety, etc.
Jesus gave humankind a sample of God’s Kingdom and how it will be like, inviting them into a relationship